The growing demand for the use of Oriented PVC Pipes (PVC-O) in the projection of hydraulic networks worldwide has led to the development of international regulations that guarantee the quality of the product.
With the technology developed by Molecor, PVC-O pipes can be manufactured and they comply with the different international standards, being a highly competitive material in the most demanding markets.
The most used procedure to nationalize the regulations that regulate PVC-O pipes for the conveyance of water supply under pressure, is based on the adaptation of the international standard ISO 16422 - Pipes and joints made of oriented unplasticized poly (vinyl chloride) (PVC -O) for the conveyance of water under pressure to local requirements.
Molecor has actively participated, since its foundation, in the collaboration with the different technical and standardization forums for the development of regulations that allow cooperation between different countries and development of new markets. Among these developments is the Moroccan standard recently published by the Moroccan Institute of Normalization (IMANOR): NM ISO 16422: 2017 - Tubes et assemblages in poly (vinyl chloride) non plastifié orienté (PVC-0) pour le transport de l ' eau sous pression - Spécifications.
The PVC-O TOM® pipe is manufactured according to the Spanish standard UNE-ISO 16422: 2015 "Oriented polyvinyl chloride pipes and unions (PVC-O) for pressurized water pipes", based on the ISO international standard 16422, and the French standard NF T 54-948: 2010 "Tubes in poly (chlorine de vinyle) orienté biaxial (PVC-BO) et leurs assemblages". It also complies with the different international standards such as:
- South African Standard: SANS 16422: 2007 "Pipes and joints made of oriented unplasticized pol (vinyl) chloride (PVC-O) for the conveyance of water under pressure".
- Mexican Standard NOM-001-CONAGUA-2011 "Drinking water systems, home plumbing and sanitary sewer-Hermeticity-Specifications and test methods.
- Brazilian standard: ABNT NBR 15750 “Tubulaçoes de PVC-O (cloreto de polivinila nao plastificado orientado) para sistemas de transporte de água ou esgoto sob pressao”.
- Canadian Standard: CSA B137,3,1-09 "Molecularly oriented polyvinychoride (PVCO) pipe for pressure applications".
- The North American norms: ASTM F 1483-05 "Standard Specification for Oriented Poly (Vinyl Chloride), PVCO, Pressure Pipe"; and ANSI/AWWA C909-02 "Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pressure Pipe for Water Distribution".
- Australian Standard: AS/NZS 4441: 2008 "Oriented PVC (PVC-O) pipes for pressure applications
Quality is a key element in the activity of Molecor. With its dynamic of continuous improvement, it identifies the needs of the client and other interested parties, incorporating them into the management system to improve the efficiency of the service provision.